Thursday, March 17, 2022

Lemon Blueberry Baked Oats (Vegan)

Here's my breakfast: 
Lemon Blueberry Baked Oats
 served with a Honeycrisp Apple
sprinkled with Cinnamon & Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Recipe from The Conscientious Eater

Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen

Makes 1 serving

This was a very nice breakfast change for me.  I loved the lemony blueberry combo in these oats.  I like to prepare my breakfast in advance, so here’s how I did these.  I measured out the dry ingredients and all the wet ingredients except the lemon zest/juice and berries.  I stored the dry and wet ingredients separately in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, while the oven preheated, I put on my coffee, zested and juiced the lemon and stirred everything together. By the time my coffee had percolated and I had sliced an apple to go on the side, the oats were ready to go. This delicious breakfast lasted me all morning.

¼ cup non-dairy yogurt 

3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk 

1 Tablespoon maple syrup 

1 Tablespoon lemon juice 

½ teaspoon lemon zest 

½ teaspoon vanilla 

½ cup oats (I used old fashioned rolled oats.)

½ teaspoon baking powder 

Pinch of salt 

1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)

Handful of fresh OR frozen blueberries (about ¼ cup)

Spray a 2-cup oven safe dish with oil OR line the dish with parchment paper.  Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.  Pour the batter into a greased ramekin and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes. (The time in the oven will depend upon your oven and/or how you like your baked oats.  If you like them more moist, check on the oats at the 20 minute mark.  If you like them on the dryer side, allow them to bake at 25 minutes or even a few minutes more.  You can always add milk to the oats once they come out of the oven if they are too dry for you.) 



x

No comments: