Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Carol’s Curried Cucumbers

Recipe from the kitchen of Carol Anderson 
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen
Serves 6

My dear friend, Janabai, hosted a ladies tea party to celebrate my recent birthday. My mother and many of my best buddies came. Everyone contributed to the tea party and everything was just lovely!! We all especially liked this salad that Carol brought. I could’ve eaten the whole dish all by myself, but, alas, that would have been impolite to do so at a tea party! All of the ingredients can be found at Lost River Market & Deli.

Salad:2 lbs. cucumbers, seeded and cut into half moons
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
Several sliced green onions (scallions)
1 small jalapeno, minced (optional)

Dressing:
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon or more curry powder (Carol used a sweet curry - also good with hot curry powder)
Add chopped peanuts before serving.

No comments: