Wednesday, February 19, 2025

Lazy Good No-Oil Tahini Dressing (vegan)

Recipe from Julia Maiten 
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen
Makes about ¾ cup dressing

I like making my own dressings and sauces, however, sometimes I’m just too lazy to go to any trouble at all.  This dressing is so simple to make, I don’t have any excuse to make a batch.  Here’s a photo of a simple nourish bowl which has been drizzled with Lazy Good No-Oil Tahini Dressing.  You’ll see sauerkraut, steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes, roasted tofu, cooked and roasted lentils atop arugula and purple onion tossed with just a touch of lemon juice. Such a great meal.

Ingredients
½ cup tahini
¼ cup water (or more depending on how drizzly you wish the dressing to be)
6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, grated or crushed in a press (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
½ teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

Instructions
Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl.  Whisk until completely blended.  Serve over your favorite nourish bowl or salad.  Store any leftovers in an airtight container or jar with lid.

Tips from Alice:
• I like to squeeze several lemons at a time.  I store some juice in a jar in the fridge for quick access.  The rest, I put in ice cube trays to freeze.  Once frozen, I pop the lemon juice cubes out and put them in an airtight container in the freezer.  
• Sometimes nut and seed butters can get stiff and clumpy and difficult to remove from the jar they came in.  So, I usually scoop out the entire jar of tahini (or nut butter) into a food processor with the “S” blade.  I give it a good whirl which ensures that the oils are blended right in, making it more “pourable” and loose.  I then scrape every last drop into a wide mouth Mason jar for easy access.  


No comments: