Saturday, April 17, 2021

Tahini Dressing (Vegan)

Recipe from Minimalist Baker
Husband-Tested in Alice's Kitchen
Makes about 4 (3 Tablespoons) servings 
(I always double the recipe though.)

This is a very versatile recipe. It takes just moments to make and tastes lovely on almost anything!  I always double the recipe because it lasts all week and so it's simple just to roast up some veggies or toss a salad and then with a little drizzle of this dressing, it takes what would be an ordinary dish to making our taste buds quite happy. I rarely purchase dressings or vinaigrettes because they're so simple to make at home.  I like to store my homemade dressings in repurposed jars.  

1/3 cup tahini
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice and/or orange juice (I love a mixture of the two.)
1-2 Tablespoons maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of black pepper, if desired
1 clove garlic, minced
Water to thin

Whisk all the ingredients together, adding water to thin to the consistency you like. I like it thin enough to pour easily.  
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serve it drizzled over salads, roasted vegetables, falafel, Buddha bowls, grains, etc...

Nutritional Information: (One 3-Tablespoon serving) 133 calories; 8.1 g carbohydrates; 3.6 grams protein; 10.8 grams fat; 1.5 gram sat. fat; 0 trans fats; 0 mg cholesterol; 24 mg sodium; 2.3 grams fiber; 2.7 grams sugars

 

No comments: