Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Pineapple Banana Smoothie with Nutmeg

Look how yummy this smoothie is!  (I also want to show off and give credit for the
pretty towel my friend, Debbie, wove AND the beautiful butter dish my friend, Janet
made.  Lovely gifts from lovely people.)
Makes 2 small smoothies
Recipe from Everyday Food
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen

Well, this smoothie couldn’t be any easier to make!  It’s also VERY refreshing.  I served it as a little snack for my husband and then again later to my ZUMBA students.  This one got an enthusiastic thumbs-up from all the tasters. 

1 (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple in juice (not syrup!)
1 banana
¾ cup plain yogurt
½ cup ice cubes
Freshly grated nutmeg

In a blender, combine crushed pineapple with juice, banana, yogurt, and ice cubes. Puree until smooth. Sprinkle with grated nutmeg and serve.


No comments: