- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled (1 ½ pounds) cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 2 small cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes (I used one can of 14.5 oz. Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies.)
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Monday, November 4, 2013
Simplest Spicy Sweet Potato Chili
Recipe from Janet Kennedy
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen
This is really tasty. If you like things a bit hot and spicy, then you will love this autumn/winter soup featuring good-for-you sweet potatoes.
Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onions and chili powder. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the broth, sweet potatoes, the tomatoes, and the pinto beans. Bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook until the sweet potatoes are tender. Add the cilantro and then serve.