Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Breakfast Nachos



Serves 4
Recipe from http://joythebaker.com/
Husband-Tested in Alice's Kitchen


I'm a big fan of the blog Joy the Baker.  Her photos and recipes are inspirational.  When I saw her photo for Breakfast Nachos, I just had to give it a try at home.  It's really easy to prepare.  I bought some chicken thighs and put them in the slow cooker the day before, but for Meatless Monday meal, just omit any meat. It would still be delicious.  I served this with some fresh limeade.  Get everything you need for this yummy dish at Lost River Market & Deli.


Tortilla chips (I used one medium sized bag of multigrain tortilla chips.)
Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used some habanero cheese too.)
One can drained black or pinto beans (I used black beans.  They taste great and they're so pretty.)
Shredded chicken or beef (Omit this to make this vegetarian for Meatless Monday.)
Fresh corn sliced from the cob (I used 2 cobs of corn.)
Salsa 
Sliced ripe avocado
I added some pickled jalapeños because I had them in the fridge. 
Eggs over easy.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.  Layer corn chips across the pan.  Sprinkle over cheese, beans, meat, and fresh corn.  Place in the oven and heat through until everything is warm and cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.  While nachos are in the oven, cook eggs, over easy, in a nonstick pan.  When nachos are melted and still warm, slide eggs onto nachos.  Top with salsa and avocado.  Serve immediately.  

No comments: