- It’s cheaper.
- There’s less packaging.
- It’s so easy the kids can make it.
- There’s much less sodium than prepackaged.
- There are no preservatives, no mystery ingredients and no msg.
- You can adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- You can double, triple or quadruple the recipe and always have it on hand.
- At Lost River Market & Deli, you can buy the spices you need in bulk.
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen
Making your own taco seasoning is definitely worth doing.
Here are some reasons why.
You can use this when making beef, chicken, fish or even Tofu Tacos.
1 Tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
1½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Mix together the ingredients and store in an airtight container.