Monday, September 12, 2011

Groovy Green Smoothie


Recipe from Allrecipes.com
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen
2 Servings
        
It matters not whether you loathe spinach, I guarantee you are going to love this smoothie.  I tested three different recipes for “green smoothies” until I found just the right one.  It’s a keeper.  Allrecipes.com reviewers loved it too. (180 at last count.) I will definitely make this again. My husband and I, who are spinach lovers, did not taste the spinach at all.  The smoothie is very sweet due to the vanilla yogurt, apple and grapes.  If you prefer your smoothies not so sweet, try using plain yogurt and maybe a tart apple.  The recipe says it makes 2 servings, but they are BIG servings.  We were able to fill four glasses with this, two to drink right away and two for our snack the next day.  Serve this to your little Popeyes for a healthy after-school snack.

1 banana, cut in chunks
1-cup grapes (I used seedless red grapes.)
¾ cup vanilla yogurt (I used non fat vanilla yogurt.)
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped (I used Gala.)
1 ½ cups fresh spinach leaves

Place the banana, grapes, yogurt, apple and spinach into a blender. Cover, and blend until smooth, stopping frequently to push down anything stuck to the sides. Pour into glasses and serve.


No comments: