Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Incredible Hulk Smoothie



Makes about 2 ½ cups; Serves 2

Recipe from Super Smoothies by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen


My husband’s theme song is “Peanut Butter and Jelly, That’s What I Like in My Belly.”  He loves anything with peanut butter in it.  I make this smoothie for him when he’s craving his favorite treat.  This smoothie is good for the man in my life too.  It has 4 grams of fiber per serving and it’s made with silken tofu, which is tasteless, but rich with antioxidants. Needless to say, your kids will love this smoothie as an after school snack!  I also think this would be a great breakfast for Meatless Monday!  You can find all the ingredients for this delicious creamy smoothie at Lost River Market & Deli

½ cup soft silken tofu (Once the 12 oz. box is opened, put the rest of the tofu in an air tight container and keep in the fridge.)
¾ cup skim milk
2 Tablespoons peanut butter (I used crunchy because that’s what my husband likes.)
2 frozen bananas, sliced
1 teaspoon honey (or more to taste)

Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. 

Nutrition Information per Serving:  287 calories; fat 12 grams; saturated fat 3 grams; cholesterol 39 grams; fiber 4 grams; protein 11 grams; calcium  142 milligrams; sodium 125 

No comments: