Monday, August 30, 2010

Banana Mango Smoothie

Recipe from Fiona Haynes of About.com Guide Low Fat Cooking
Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings

When I gave my husband took a taste of this, he said, “Mmmm, yummy. It tastes like it’s something bad for me. What’s in it?” Well, was he happy to discover that this is one of those delicious drinks that’s actually good for you. What a great after-school snack this would make for the kids! This is so tasty that you could serve it as a healthy dessert. Lost River Market & Deli now has frozen mangos and fresh mangos!

Ingredients:
2 frozen, ripe bananas (I was in a hurry and didn’t use frozen. I just peeled a couple of bananas and broke them into chunks.)
1 mango, peeled and sliced (I used several chunks of frozen mangos.)
10 ounces calcium fortified orange juice
1 cup low fat or fat free vanilla or mandarin orange yogurt (I used fat free vanilla yogurt.)

Preparation:
Cut banana into chunks. In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, thin with a little more orange juice. Pour into 4 glasses.

Per Serving: Calories 150, Calories from Fat 8, Total Fat 0.8g (sat 0.4g), Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 29mg, Carbohydrate 32g, Fiber 1.9g, Protein 3.4g

No comments: