Sunday, January 3, 2010

Apricot Jam or Mango Chutney Salad Dressing

Recipe adapted from Everyday Food and Husband-Tested in Alice’s Kitchen

I needed a seasonal salad to serve during the holidays. The original recipe called for ingredients I didn’t have on hand, so I made a few minor adjustments. The dressing was especially good with the peppery arugula, sweet pears, crunchy nuts and salty cheese. I will certainly keep this salad in my repertoire! You can find all of the ingredients at Lost River Market & Deli.

2 Tablespoons apricot jam or mango chutney (I used apricot jam.)
2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon curry powder (I used hot curry powder.)
2 Tablespoons olive oil (I used just a bit more for a thinner consistency.)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Place the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid. Give it a good shaking to incorporate the ingredients. This dressing can be made in advance and then served over a salad of arugula, fresh pear slices, golden raisins, dried cherries or cranberries, toasted walnuts or pecans (hot spicy nuts would be yummy) and a sprinkling of blue cheese or goat cheese.

No comments: