Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Roasted Cauliflower with Paprika



Recipe from Everyday Food Magazine
Husband Tested in Alice's Kitchen
Serves 4

We had our buddies, Nathan and Janet, over last night for dinner. We all agreed that this recipe was blog worthy. It's simple to make and yummy to eat. The paprika can be found in the bulk spice section at Lost River Market & Deli.

1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into small pieces
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450 F. Spread cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with oil and paprika. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes, tossing once.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alice: Great recipe--so simple and delicious! I also love roasted cauliflower. Next time try using 2 teaspoons of curry powder and 2tablespoons of brown or black mustard seeds instead of the paprika. I also add a bit (maybe a teaspoon) of black cumin. This spice combination gives the cauliflower some really lovely Indiana inspired flavor!

Victoria
www.goinglocal-info.com

Alice said...

Victoria, your suggestions sound great. I will give them a try. I'm glad you're checking the blog.
Alice

Karen said...

450! No wonder mine isn't cooking fast enough! I LOVE this recipe, but I'm moving. And my everyday food magazines are packed! :(

I thought I knew it by heart, but I guess not. 350 just wasn't cutting it! I'm HUNGRY! ;)

Guess a google search for "roasted cauliflower paprika everyday food" gets me the answer I needed!
Thx!

Monica said...

Thank you for posting this recipe! I found your blog via a Google search for this cauliflower dish (I misplaced my Everyday Food magazine). Am making it tonight for my husband and kiddos.

Cheers,

Monica, a wife and mom in Berkeley, California